Part of the Villa Casagrande main building is used as farm premises: inside it, the wine-fermentation room, the wine cellar and the storehouses of the same farm were active. In several nearby spaces, there was an active spinning mill; a glass factory was active in the year 1730.
While observing ancient tradition, high quality wine and oil are still being produced today.
Our wine activity was started by the Serristori family, who were already producing fine wines in 1500, and it is therefore deeply rooted to the history of this facility and guarantees quality and professionalism.
More than half of the wine cellar is below ground and it contains oak barrels, used since times gone by for aging of the wine, and the museum of rural culture, set up with old and ancient tools and farm machinery.