The theater was built close to the medieval walls of Figline Valdarno near Porta
Fiorentina for the initiative of the Accademia dei Risorti and designed by architect
Angelo Pierallini. It was inaugurated in the spring of 1871 with Ernani di Verdi.
The Academy, which has been transformed since 1879 into the Accademia dei Concordi,
continued to run the theater until the second post-war period, guaranteeing an
intense lyrical activity with national arrangements.
The theater (490 seats in 240 and 250 galleries / galleries) has been open since
1995, reopening itself as one of the most important theatrical structures of the